We've got lots of resources for people involved with adoption. Click here to find out more.
SafeBase Therapeutic Parenting Programme
After Adoption’s highly recommended therapeutic parenting support programme for all adoptive families, including families with older children and teenagers. SafeBase creates a strong foundation for loving and lasting relationships within the family, giving children the confidence to feel safe and secure with their parents.
SafeBase is the most successful specialist therapeutic parenting programme for adoptive families in the UK, reaching over 1000 children and their families. Our SafeBase Therapeutic Parenting Programme is now in its 15th year and in 2-14 there were over 40 programmes across the UK running every week in school terms. The programmes aims to strengthen the relationship between parents and their children, improving family stability. SafeBase is different because we provide a flexible approach, recognising each family's individual needs. The programme achieves this by:
- Putting attachment and child development into context for the family
- Explaining the impact of early adversity on brain development
- Explaining how early trauma impacts on a child's ability to develop security and trust
- Teaching families practical techniques to build positive attachments with their children and modify negative behaviour
- Helping parents create family stories to promote attachment and identity
- Enabling parents to uso exchange ideas and obtain mutual support
- Provide a resource pack for parents
- Strengthening family well-being and provideing hope for the future.
For more information call 0161 830 2021 or email email@example.com