We've got spaces in lots of the biggest runs in the country which you can take part in for us.
Lynn Charlton, After Adoption Chief Executive:
‘Some of the most vulnerable children in England and Wales would benefit greatly from being adopted. Their need for families and the adoptive parents we find who are looking for children are a perfect match for helping improve the life chances of children in care.’
Adoption Statistics in England as of 31st March 2013
- There were 68,110 looked-after children at 31 March 2013, an increase of 2% compared to 31 March 2012 and an increase of 12% compared to 31 March 2009.
- Of children looked after at 31 March 2013, 50,900 were cared for in a foster placement. This represents 75% of all children looked after at 31 March 2013.
- There were 28,830 children who started to be looked after during the year ending 31 March 2013, an increase of 2% from 2012 and an increase of 12% from 2009.
- There were 28,460 children who ceased to be looked after during the year ending 31 March 2013. This is an increase of 3% from 2012 and an increase of 14% from 2009.
- There were 3,980 looked-after children adopted during the year ending 31 March 2013, an increase of 15% from 2012 and an increase of 20% from 2009.
- Although the number of looked-after children adopted fell between both 2009 and 2010, and 2010 and 2011, the number of these adoptions has since increased and is now at its highest point since the start of the current data collection in 1992.
Adoption Statistics in Wales as of 31st March 2013
- 5,743 children were in the care of local authorities on 31st March 2013
- 327 children were adopted from care during the year ending 31st March 2013, compared to 246 in 2012.
- 52% (170) of children adopted during the year ending 31st March 2013 were boys and 48% (160) were girls.
- The average age at adoption in the year ending 31st March 2013 was 3 years 8 months. 75% (245) were aged between 1 and 4 years old. 23% (75) were aged between 5 and 9 years old. 2% (5) were aged between 10 and 15 years old